- Prerequisite #1 is "Visual Studio 2010 SP1" version KB983509 which can be downloaded/installed from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=75568aa6-8107-475d-948a-ef22627e57a5
- Prerequisite #2 is "Visual Studio 2010 SP1 TFS Compatibility GDR" version KB2581206 which can be downloaded/installed from here http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=212065&clcid=0x409
- Go to http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=2656136&kbln=en-us for this hotfix version KB2656136
- Click on "Show hotfixes for all platforms and languages" and the hotfix checkbox will appear
- Select the hotfix checkbox as shown below
- Fill out the information to Request hotfix by email
- Click on Request hotfix button
- You will receive an email. Scroll down all the way to the bottom and you will see the download link for the hotfix.
- There is a zipped file "443183_intl_i386_zip.exe" which will extract the executable
- Run the "VS10SP1-KB2656136-x86.exe" and follow the instructions on the installer
- You will be asked to restart your computer in order for the installation to be complete
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Hotfix for Expected Results not displaying in Microsoft Test Manager
Anna Russo is an ALM MVP specializing in ALM TFS Software Process consulting and training.
Since 2008 Anna has worked with a variety of clients to improve their software quality and processes by properly implementing Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Test Manager, and Visual Studio tools.
Anna applies hands on expertise providing: install/upgrade/customize TFS server, mentor on software processes, technical training, release strategies, automated build scripts, automated testing, and building virtual lab infrastructures.