Now what does client mean? Well it is referring to the Microsoft Test Manager client tool. This is important because the most powerful data and diagnostics tools such as Video, System Information, Intellitrace, and other collectors were previously not available if you were using the Web Test Management, well that of course is until today!
- Prerequisite to use this feature: Visual Studio Update 3 that can be downloaded here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39305
- Go to Web Test Management > Test Plan > Test Suite and click on the dropdown arrow next to Run
- Select Run using Client (notice the tooltip that states Run test using Microsoft Test Manager).
- You will be prompted "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?"
- Click Allow (yes please!)
- If you do not have Visual Studio Update 3 you will receive the following message "No apps are installed to open this type of link (mtrs)"
- If it works you will see the Microsoft Test Manager Runner appear as expected
Enjoy using the new feature and being a happy efficient tester!